Trainee – Site Reliability Engineer
Hello world! We’re Zuora
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.
- Improve and build upon our automation tools for systems provisioning, monitoring, trending, and management.
- Communicate effectively with fellow Trainee and other engineering teams, and describe problems succinctly with sufficient detail that you can hand-off an ongoing problem to another team or a peer for completion.
- Manage real-time communications during outages with both technical and non- technical audiences
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team maintaining the availability and performance.
- Database Support on 24/7 environment
- Monitoring Database Sessions and processes
- Strategize with fellow Trainees and other engineering teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct.
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning for production, virtualized environment
- Develop policies and procedures that improve overall platform stability.
- Participate in reviews of outages in order to improve overall product stability.
- Build relationships with development teams and technology leaders across the company
- Knowledge with Oracle database technologies and good knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL code, and Oracle database performance tuning and optimization.
- Oracle DBA knowledge.
- Effective communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management
- Good Knowledge on Oracle Backup utilities like EXP/IMP, EXPDP/IMPDP and RMAN .
- Should be able to handle the situations and be capable of multitasking roles.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Basic knowledge with Unix/Linux system especially in RedHat/Ubuntu environment
- Ready to monitoring in a 24/7 web application and e-commerce environments.
- Managing Tablespaces, User Accounts and act based on the Alert mechanism.
- Backup management as per the policy defined and ensure the successful completion to meet the policy.
- Should be able to Handle Clients through Mails/Calls and ability to manage user's requirements.
- Ready to work in night shift
- E or MCA Degree in Computer Science or other technical fields.
- Ability to handle the periodic on-call duty
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.